FREE – Will Information Evenings for Parishes
Statistics show that over half of all Western Australians die without preparing a Will.
We all know we should have a Will prepared or update an existing Will, but we tend to put this task off for “another day”.
Unfortunately, this may cause your family and your loved ones added heartache once you are no longer here to care for them.
Your Will should be updated if:
- You have recently married. Wills made prior to marriage are considered null and void under law.
- You have been blessed with the birth of children or grandchildren – have you provided for all your family?
- Your financial circumstances have changed – has your income increased since you prepared your Will, have you had an unexpected windfall, have your assets, especially your home, increased in value
If you answer yes to any of these questions, then you should update your Will.
To acknowledge the wonderful support LifeLink receives from parish and school communities throughout the Archdiocese, we are pleased to host and conduct special WILL INFORMATION EVENINGS.
They are provided as a FREE SERVICE to all parish and school communities.
Guests are invited on a “parish zone” basis. That is to say, we invite all parishioners from a group of parishes.
We then seek the support of one of the larger parishes, asking that it be the designated “Host Parish” for the group, by providing its parish centre facilities.
School seminars are generally contained just to that school’s own community members.
The 1 hour sessions are usually held from 7.30pm to 8.30pm at the Parish Centre or School Auditorium – and we provide a cup of tea or coffee and a biscuit following the formal presentations.
These Will Information Evenings are generously supported and conducted by legal representatives from some of Perth’s most professional, experienced and respected legal firms.
At a LifeLink Will Information Evening, you will:
- be provided general information on what is required in preparing a Will
- discuss some of the important facts and myths about preparing a Will
- discover when a solicitor may be the best person to prepare your Will and Why
- have an opportunity (as a group) to ask general questions of the legal representatives conducting the seminar
- be afforded (a brief) one on one consultation with a solicitor to discuss personal issues pertaining to your Will.
Note: Generally, we try to have a minimum of 3 solicitors participating so that all guests wishing to do so, are afforded some time to chat after the formal presentations have concluded.
All guests attending these evenings will be provided a free copy of LIFELINKS.
LifeLink — Catholic Caring Agencies
|Street Address:||Griver House, 249 Adelaide Terrace, PERTH WA 6000|
|Postal Address:||GPO Box K828, PERTH WA 6842|
|Phone:||+61 8 6104 3636|
|Fax:||+61 8 6162 0345|