The Archbishop’s Forum and Official Launch for LifeLink Day for Secondary Schools will be held at Aranmore College on Thursday 20 May 2021.
We are delighted to confirm that we have already confirmed representatives from 28 Archdiocesan Secondary schools will be attending. Archbishop Costelloe and Bishop Sproxton are very much looking forward to welcoming you all and to have the opportunity of speaking with, and listening, to you.
This year, the entire format of the Forum will change to be a more educational, interactive, and enjoyable experience for all participants.
- The Archbishop will make a presentation which will lead to a number of questions which will be posed to groups of students.
- Importantly, students will not be seated as schools, but be encouraged to join other schools’ students at shared tables – an opportunity for relationship building and social interaction.
- Students will discuss the Archbishop’s questions and respond by uploading information via laptop which will be displayed for everyone attending the Forum.
- The Archbishop, Bishop and Dr Debra Sayce will then respond to and discuss the feedback, ideas and suggestions which students provide.
- We know from previous years that the students really welcome the open question time, where they can ask any question of the Bishops – personal, faith, political, whatever.
So, we will make sure to allow some time for this during the 2021 Forum format.
We hope that every student representative attending the Forum returns to their school and shares their experience with fellow students and teachers… helping spread the good news about LifeLink and LifeLink Day.
The event will be filmed, and we hope to have the video uploaded to this website by 1 June 2021.
We have pleasure in providing the following resources to help you and your school participate fully in LifeLink Day 2021.