Welcome to my ‘2023 LifeLink Day for Catholic Schools’ initiative.
With COVID19 restrictions thankfully behind us, Bishop Sproxton and I are excited that we will once again have the opportunity of welcoming representatives from our Archdiocesan Schools to the Primary Schools Launch and the Secondary Schools Forum.
Let me firstly acknowledge the wonderful effort so many schools (teachers and students) made to participate in the webcast launches last year, and the outstanding support schools demonstrated to undertake some form of fundraising in support of LifeLink Day.
I am delighted to announce that our Archdiocesan schools raised $100,184.00.
Congratulations and thank you to all who gave so generously.
So now we look forward to LifeLink Day 2023 which will be launched on Wednesday 7 June 2023.
A reminder that whilst the annual launch date of LifeLink Day is the first Wednesday in June each year, schools may choose to participate in the LifeLink Day programme and conduct special fundraising events at any time during the school year.
LifeLink Day provides a wonderful opportunity for students attending Catholic schools within the Archdiocese of Perth to join together to show their support for the Church’s social service agencies – agencies which on behalf of us all, reach out to provide practical care and direct assistance to thousands of people in need each year.
Many thousands of Western Australian families and individuals each year depend on our LifeLink agencies being there for them at their time of need.
On LifeLink Day, I am asking YOU and everyone at YOUR SCHOOL to help continue a ‘mission of care’ to our brothers and sisters who reach out to us for help.
Please, choose to be there for them in their time of need.
Our fundraising goal for this year is to raise a minimum of $130,000.
I wish you all every success and hope you enjoy participating in LifeLink Day 2023.
Thank you for ‘walking in the footsteps of the Good Shepherd’ and reaching out with love to our brothers and sisters in need.
Yours in Christ,
Most Rev Timothy Costelloe SDB
Catholic Archbishop of Perth
The 2023 Archbishop’s Forum for Secondary Schools for LifeLink Day will provide an opportunity for interactive engagement with students, whilst facilitating interschool relationship building and teamwork amongst students and schools.
- The focus of this year’s forum will be SYNODALITY.
- The Archbishop, Bishop and Dr Debra Sayce will deliver initial presentations which will lead to a number of questions that will be posed to groups of students.
- Importantly, students will not be seated together as school representatives, but encouraged to join other school reps at shared tables – an opportunity for relationship building and interaction between students.
- Students will discuss the Archbishop’s questions, and respond by uploading information through their laptops, which will be displayed for everyone attending the Forum.
- The Archbishop, Bishop and Dr Debra Sayce will then respond to and discuss the feedback, ideas and suggestions which students provide.
- We know students really appreciate the open question time, where they can ask any question of the Bishops – personal, faith, political, whatever. So, we will make sure to allow some time for this during the 2023 Forum format.
The Archbishop has warmly invited secondary schools to nominate eight (8) representatives – one (1) student representative from each year 7 – 12 together with the school’s Principal and REC or their nominated representatives, to attend this year’s Forum.
The date and location for “The Archbishop’s 2023 Forum for LifeLink Day” will be:
Date: Thursday 18 May 2023
Time: Commencing at 9.30am (concludes at 12.30pm).
Location: Aranmore Catholic College Gymnasium, 41 Franklin Street, LEEDERVILLE
We hope all secondary schools will plan to undertake some form of special fundraising activity during the school year to help raise funds in support of the LifeLink agencies.