Welcome to my ‘2021 LifeLink Day for Catholic Schools’ initiative.
Last year we unfortunately had to cancel both the secondary and primary school events due to COVID 19 restrictions. Bishop Don and I were disappointed not to have the opportunity of speaking with and meeting you at the launch events. Despite the recent lockdown, we remain hopeful that our exciting plans for 2021 will proceed as scheduled.
I did want to take this moment to acknowledge the tremendous effort so many schools made to undertake some form of fundraising in support of LifeLink Day last year. Whilst we did not achieve our initial target, our Archdiocesan schools collectively raised $80,316.13 which is a truly amazing result.
Thank you all for your collective generosity.
Now onto LifeLink Day 2021 which will officially be launched on Wednesday 2 June 2021.
A reminder that whilst the annual launch date of LifeLink Day is the first Wednesday in June each year, schools may choose to participate in the LifeLink Day programme and conduct a fundraising event at any time during the school year.
LifeLink Day provides a wonderful opportunity for students attending Catholic schools within the Archdiocese of Perth to join together to show their support for the many Church social service agencies – agencies which on behalf of us all, reach out to provide practical care and direct assistance to thousands of people in need each year.
37,000 Western Australian families and individuals each year depend on our LifeLink agencies being there at their time of need. On LifeLink Day, our brothers and sisters in need are depending on YOU… and everyone at YOUR SCHOOL.
The theme for LifeLink Day 2021 is:
“How is God calling us to be a Christ-centred Church in Australia
that is a joyful, hope-filled and servant community?”
I wish you all every success and hope you enjoy participating in LifeLink Day 2021.
Thank you for your enduring support and compassion for our brothers and sisters in need.
Yours in Christ,
Archbishop Timothy Costelloe SDB
The Archbishop’s Forum and Official Launch for LifeLink Day for Secondary Schools will be held at Aranmore College on Thursday 20 May 2021.
We are delighted to confirm that we have already confirmed representatives from 28 Archdiocesan Secondary schools will be attending. Archbishop Costelloe and Bishop Sproxton are very much looking forward to welcoming you all and to have the opportunity of speaking with, and listening, to you.
This year, the entire format of the Forum will change to be a more educational, interactive, and enjoyable experience for all participants.
- The Archbishop will make a presentation which will lead to a number of questions which will be posed to groups of students.
- Importantly, students will not be seated as schools, but be encouraged to join other schools’ students at shared tables – an opportunity for relationship building and social interaction.
- Students will discuss the Archbishop’s questions and respond by uploading information via laptop which will be displayed for everyone attending the Forum.
- The Archbishop, Bishop and Dr Debra Sayce will then respond to and discuss the feedback, ideas and suggestions which students provide.
- We know from previous years that the students really welcome the open question time, where they can ask any question of the Bishops – personal, faith, political, whatever.
So, we will make sure to allow some time for this during the 2021 Forum format.
We hope that every student representative attending the Forum returns to their school and shares their experience with fellow students and teachers… helping spread the good news about LifeLink and LifeLink Day.
The event will be filmed, and we hope to have the video uploaded to this website by 1 June 2021.
We have pleasure in providing the following resources to help you and your school participate fully in LifeLink Day 2021.